Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Is It Possible To Tweet An Image With A Link? Here is the Test

When I've clicked on images in Tweets, Twitter only shows an enlarged image.  It doesn't then link to the URL that the tweet contains; that link is only in the text of the tweet.

What I've recently found is a possible solution to that, but I'm not really sure if it is correct.  I'll be testing that information here on this page.  It requires me to access the header area, which I'm not sure if that will work since I'm using a template on this blog.

I didn't place the information in the header since I found what seems like alternative or contradictory information.  I placed the html in the body.  Unlikely to have the results I'm seeking, but here goes anyway.

It didn't work when the meta information was in the body of the html, and it didn't work when all of the meta info was in the header either.  It did work when only the first line of the meta data was in the header.  So this is working according to the Card Validation provided by Twitter.

I'll test tweet this page and see if this image appears in the tweet now.

Here's the image I'll be attempting to use as a link back to this blog post.


Time to test it using Twitter's "card" feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment