Friday, June 2, 2017

Testing HTML Clickable Image Link Using Blogger

Testing HTML Clickable Image Link In Blogger

I was surprised to find out that Blogger doesn't have a widget or tool to include both a link and an image.  I thought I was missing something and didn't see it or had to enable something.  This is HTML day one using href tag so I thought I didn't find it yet, but no, it's not there, it's not me.

The link, however does use the href html tag, which is good since all that needs to be done is to replace the link that is included in it, which is just a link to the image in a larger box, with your own link.

In the Blogger editor there is a toggle switch to go from their "compose" mode, which is wysiwyg-style mode into HTML mode.  So they do anticipate the need for some HTML editing and adjusting the basics that they provide.

It works fine and below is the successful test of two link options.

Look for the href tag for the image you included, then just replace that with the URL of the link that you want to have as the destination URL that your user clicks on the image.  That's it.  I'll be doing a YouTube video also on this for more detail, but that's really all there is to it, except that if you want it to open in a new page, then just after your URL, add the following html code.

target="_blank"

Note: I had to go live with this test post since the "preview" only shows a static non-functional image of the resulting post, can't click on anything.

I'm making this image a clickable link to prior blog post.



Below image should link to same blog post but in a new window
 



Thanks for reading, I update more often now, see you soon. - J.

No comments:

Post a Comment