Thursday, May 11, 2017

I Saw the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus

I Saw the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and it was nice.  The display is large on the phone with it wrap around the edge a little.  Ok, but they already had the Note Edge back in 2014, and of course, LG released one a year later in 2015.


galaxy note edge at androidcentral

lg smartphone curved edges at CNET

So what more is Samsung brining with the S8?  It's a Samsung, It's a Galaxy, it's new, it's likely more powerful than anything released in the past 3 years, it's definitely slick and well done, but how much more?  I don't know and in the short video I made of my first impression, it's hard to tell.  Here's the video.

You definitely don't want to drop the phone, (like I immediately did, but that's because of the massive clamp on it!) and we can assume that there will never be a case made for it?  :-)  After all why cover up the "edge" if that's the main feature of the phone....

LINK: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus - quick little peek at the display

How do you really get a good idea of a phone without using it and putting it on your plan, etc?  It's always a risk but the latest new phones in 2017 are all going to be pretty slick and advanced beyond what we used to be blown away by.

Do I want one? Yes, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment